The Executive Director serves as the creative and development leader of the MenAlive chorus, working closely with and reporting to the President and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director directs and administers all artistic programs, operations, fundraising and policies for the chorus and its members.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
● Strategic Planning – develops and implements the organization’s strategic plan and annual action plans in conjunction with the Board.
● Program Development and Management – develops, implements, and supervises musical programs and services that are consistent with the organization’s mission and strategic plan that meet the needs of its members and patrons.
● Fund Development/Grant Oversight and Fiscal Management – together with the Board and committees, develops and manages the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization; develops an annual operating budget for approval by the Board; oversees the management of all funds, consistent with the organization’s accounting system. Represents and promotes the organization, our events and activities through marketing and participating in social engagements.
● Staff Leadership and Management – Leads, collaborates, and motivates the chorus' creative team - including the chorus membership, chorus volunteers, chorus manager, musical director, creative manager, accompanist, and administrative assistant. Works closely with our different volunteer based committees such as Marketing, Finance, Creative and Outreach.
● Community Relations – develops effective working relationships within Orange County- both within the LGBTQIA community as well as the community at large.
● Advocacy – serves in partnership with the Board President as chief spokesperson for MenAlive in the local, national, and international communities; articulates and communicates the mission and values of MenAlive to foster and promote community support.
● Audience and Membership Development: Expand the MenAlive membership, patron and donor base.
The successful candidate must perform at the highest standard of integrity ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical and in adherence to MenAlive bylaws.
● Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
● Ability to positively motivate and develop the singing membership, staff, board, and volunteers
● Ability to create successful teams and build consensus.
● Visionary and innovative thinker.
● Ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, the Board of Directors and MenAlive members.
● College degree or equivalent experience, with at least 5 years management experience with significant experience in
choral music or a related area;
● Proven record as a successful fundraiser.
● Social media presence management and marketing experience.
● Evidence of advocacy for underrepresented and marginalized people.
● Prior experience as an Artistic or Executive Director
● Substantial network within the Arts and Non-profit charity organizations in Orange County, CA
● Creative, insightful, and interested in arts and graphic design
● Working knowledge of photography and videography
● Understanding of customer experience methodology, brand management, marketing, advertising, and e-commerce
● Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, DaVinci Resolve, Powerpoint, HTML, and other web programs
● Donor/patron/chorus management software like DonorPerfect, Squarespace, Chorus Connection, Google Workspace, QuickBooks, eTapestry
Annual contract payments totalling $65,000-$80,000 commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit the following to Mike Auchter, email@example.com:
● Cover Letter
● List of 3 references, their current contact information, and their relationship to you
● [Optional] 2-3 minute introduction video